Friday, May 25- Day 12:

Yesterday we arrived in the sleepy little town of
Dorfgastein. We got there around 6:30 and already nearly everything was shut
down. We found a grocery store for dinner. When I say that this town is
beautiful, it does not in any way do it justice. The buildings are exactly what
you would think of when someone talks about a small cottage with wood trimming.
The town was surrounded by the Alps and we had the
opportunity to spend the day hiking. And ohhhh am I out of shape. The air and
the elevation messed with my asthma which was not fun but the view totally made
up for it. Dr. Demers and her children along with a few other students went
parasailing off the top of the mountain. Personally I would have loved to do it
but there was not enough time and also I’m too cheap to pay 130 euro. So
instead we played in the snow and hiked around on top of the mountain peaks.
We ate lunch at the top of the mountain and I had sausage
with fries and ketchup and a beer mixed with lemonade. Apparently those are
popular here and it was delish. Becca liked it because “you can hardly taste
the beer.” After our meal we hiked down to the half way point and took the
gondola the rest of the way down. We got some ice cream and shopped around a
little and then headed back to Salzburg for the weekend. Overall, Dorfgastein
gets an A plus for the views, the people, and the food.


Was Fritz not just a hoot?
ReplyDeleteThe mountains! What more can I say!
ReplyDelete