Monday, May 28- Day 15:

Today we went to Schonbrunn Palace. This palace was the summer home of Franz Joseph and his wife Maria Teresa. Earlier on our trip we saw the winter home of this couple. Out of everything we saw on the tour I think my favorite part was all of the gardens out to the side and behind the palace. These gardens were filled with all colors of rose bushes. Walking through you were flooded with the smell of the roses.

It really impressed me that even so long ago this palace was fitted with indoor plumbing. They had indoor restrooms that were added a little while after the palace was built!

Out behind the palace a distance away there was a magnificent fountain that was huge and littered with statues. A group of us decided to walk all the way out there to get a close up, which was not a good decision considering that it was super hot today. After this we found a bench in the shade and decided to find Mexican food for lunch. Becca found the margs.

After a much needed nap, we all met up at the amusement park. Everyone rode rides and I was the designated bag holder. I personally don't want to pay 5 euro to ride one ride. This was fun, they all did the "big" rides so it was equally as fun to watch them freak out and yell.




Comments

  1. DBH.....I love it! And designated picture taker. We seem to be designating you to a lot this trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your pix! The roses were just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts