Sunday, May 20- Day 7:
One week down two more to go! Today we started out going to a catholic mass at the St. Augustine church. I have been to one catholic mass before but this one was a lot different. For one, it was completely in German so I had absolutely no idea what was going on or what was being said. And secondly I am not catholic, so I really did not know what was going on or what was being said. My favorite part was the music. The church was huge with very tall ceilings so the instruments and the vocalists echoed creating an amazing effect.
After church a group of us went to the grocery store to buy sandwich stuff for lunch and we ate a picnic in the park next to the church. This was a great experience because we got to people watch. There was a group of people playing Frisbee, a group of people in bikinis tanning, and a drag queen photo shoot. These were the most interesting groups.
Shortly after lunch we went to the Museum of Natural History in Vienna. This too was an interesting endeavor. The first floor displayed rocks, space, and other things and the second floor was animals, fish, birds, insects, and
other living things. The second floor was my favorite. I got to see a lot of species that I never knew existed. I got to see a giraffe! Giraffes are my favorite.A free day in Vienna was some what similar to one of my free days in the US. Usually I would spend my day doing something outside with my boyfriend. Here there are so many historical things to see and do that it is just a waste of time to sit around and do nothing like I would normally do.

And what's not to love about a drag queen photo shoot - had to be simply FABULOUS!
ReplyDeleteFree time....what fun to sit in the park with friends (truly European style leisure)
ReplyDelete