Thursday, May 24- Day 11:
Today we spent the day in Salzburg. Salzburg is known mostly
for its role in the famous Hollywood movie The Sound of Music. Almost all of
the scenes were filmed in Salzburg only a few were filmed in Germany. We went
on a Sound of Music tour which was really neat. Although I have not seen the
entire movie, a large portion of the group had a mild obsession with it and was
able to fill me in. Any spectator would have thought that we were a very bad
choir group because the entire day was filled with “Do a deer a female deer”
and “You are 16 going on 17.” Apparently the Hollywood version is not exactly
how the real life family existed so it was neat to hear a little about the real
story.
For lunch, a group and I went to a church market. This place
was a market place within a monastery for monks. It was neat because it was a
bunch of vendors all in a row and you would grab a tray and purchase what you
wanted from each vendor and grab a beer and sit down with all sorts of people
in a group eating area in the middle of the monastery.
We also go to go up into the mountains very briefly crossed
into Germany for all of maybe 5 minutes. This still counts though. I am
scratching it off on my scratch off world map! So far on this trip I have
entered Austria, Germany, The Netherlands, and Hungry.
Salzburg is a neat place. Becca and I are going to spend our
free weekend in Salzburg and explore the city a little more since we did not
have very much time. We are headed on a bus to the small town of Dorfgastein
located in the mountains of Austria.

The tree was the best!
ReplyDeleteMemories...I still wish Becca could have climbed into one of the trees the children from the movie were hanging in...THAT would have been ideal!
ReplyDelete